Saturday, January 8, 2011

Three more sleeps...

Well, we hope we're ready. Suitcases are open on the bedroom floor - mostly packed. We're both very excited and very nervous. I spoke to Amit from Explore India and arranged our hotel. We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott. I thought it was a bit over our budget, but Amit managed to get us a good rate. I'm trying to keep the travel expenses down to under $5000.00 - so far, so good.
I'm definitely not looking forward to the actual travel. We leave at 6:15 pm on the 11th and arrive at 12:30 am on the 13th. It is almost exactly 12 hours between leaving Montreal and arriving in London. I'm not sure how much of that is travel time and how much is time difference. It is even longer between London and Mumbai. The main concern will be comfort!
I wish we had more time to see some sites while in India, but I don't think we'll have much time to do anything apart from a little shopping and maybe check out Juhu Beach. Perhaps an extra day to see the Gateway to India and the Taj Mahal Hotel. If everything works out we will be back for a longer stay and will try to see the actual Taj Mahal and Goa.
I'm just soooo excited to start this incredible journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment