Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Well good news! After a few disappointments, we have finally chosen an Egg Donor who will be ready for us in January. We wait now to see if our chosen Surrogate will be available. Crossing our fingers and toes. I was disappointed about not being able to get our first choices for ED's, but our final choice has a trait that makes me feel especially good about her - she has my mother's smile. She was the first donor I saw and right away I thought how beautiful she was and how amazing she has my mothers mouth - The Hurley mouth I always called it and always wished I had it too. My mom said I did, but I don't think so. It would be amazing to see that smile in my and Alcy's child. A little bitter sweet too without my mother here to share it with us...but I know she will be here in our hearts and helping us all the way through this. I can't help but think she has already started to help.
So things are looking up and it looks like we will be in Mumbai in late January. I can hardly believe it. So exciting but so scary at the same time....

No comments:

Post a Comment